A Buyer’s To-Do List for Now until Closing Day
Closing a deal requires a lot of work. And, most of it’s up to you! Of course, any good real estate agent will offer you support, but here are a buyer’s to-do list to get you started.
Some things can’t be missed. In fact, some deals can fall through at the last second because the buyer missed a step. Make sure you have these five items checked off your buyer’s to-do list:
- Moving Truck – Book it early! This is one thing you don’t want to be stuck without.
- Lawyer – Do they have all the documents they need? Double check!
- Bank/Mortgage Broker – Do they have all the documents they need? Triple check.
- Home Insurance Company – An absolute must!
- Schools – Set up or change registration for children. After all, you don’t want them to miss one day.
Your new home isn’t always ready-to-go. To ensure you aren’t left freezing in the middle of winter – or wondering where all the water is – make sure these important services are set up.
- Gas and/or Oil
- Landline phone and/or cellular
- Cable or Satellite
- Alarm System
- Lawn Care Providers
Before you lose your mail or miss an important payment, make sure you let these people know you’re moving.
- Canada Post
- Car insurance
- Child Tax and/or Tax Credit Program
- Banks, Credit cards and Revenue Canada
- Vehicle Registration
- Doctor, Health Card, and Pharmacy
- Family and Friends